Who We Are:
Charlie Greene Studio is a close-knit team of designers that specializes in telling three-dimensional stories. We believe in the communicative nature of all aspects of the interior environment— because everything communicates something. We know that design is transformative and see each project as an opportunity to solve multi-layered problems that impact work processes, team performance, and the realities of business – while also engaging people in meaningful experiences that build lasting emotional connections. We continually move between larger design strategies to the distinct details of a project, from the forest to the trees and back again.
Who You Are:
You are comfortable wearing multiple hats in a small business with an entrepreneurial culture. You have strong design skills and are looking to apply your experience to collaborate to create award-winning interior spaces. You have curiosity, drive, and an eagerness to learn.
In an Interior Designer, you will:
- Develop design concepts and the diagrams, illustrations, and renderings to explain those concepts.
- Develop material palettes and furniture selections with the oversight of a design director.
- Take an active role in design presentations.
- Work with consultants and vendors to fully develop design.
- Produce and coordinate construction documents for architectural interiors projects.
- Develop furniture specifications and coordinate with furniture dealers.
- Attend site visits and take an active role in construction administration.
- Participate in business development pursuits.
- Assist with other special projects, as needed and assigned.
- Professional degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or a related field, from an accredited program
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel,
- Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word), and Adobe InDesign
- Strong visualization skills
- Strong knowledge of commercial grade finishes
- Knowledge of construction documentation and architectural conventions related to commercial interior design
- Knowledge of construction administration
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong motivational and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and under own direction and initiative
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, during normal business hours
- Ability to handle ambiguity