DeKalb Office is a creative, knowledgeable, and collaborative industry leader who is transforming workspace for a diverse client base. DeKalb Office serves some of the nation's top corporations, hospitals and medical centers, colleges, and universities, as well as private businesses large and small. We help clients who have challenges within their workplace, extend value of their existing space or preparing for a move. We work extraordinarily hard, invest in ourselves, and put faith in both proven methods and cutting-edge innovation.
We are looking for an Application Designer for our Alpharetta office. This position supports internal and external clients by crafting unique, on-brand solutions that set us apart in each of our vertical markets through application design.
Essential Job Functions
• Lead application design with teams as needed to problem solve for the client’s best interest. This can involve providing thought starters for the designers to start with or supporting the designers in choosing product lines that will best fit the client’s needs.
• Participate/Lead design thinking methodology to problem solve for clients through presentations, client’s tours and real-time design and client discovery exercises.
• Determines scope/timeline of project/identifies tasks needed to complete project.
• Attends programming/client meetings with sales lead and assists in meetings as needed (including Live
• Able to interpret data for the development of design concept & layout.
• Assists sales to determine product solutions & applications to meet client needs (learning and
familiarizing self with budget prices/preparation and positioning strategies).
• Prepares creative and thoughtful space planning and conceptual furniture layouts while mindful of
importance of speed to market as well as codes compliance; assists with finish selections.
• Completes accurate specifications for order (including fabric calculations/application guidelines and
confirming list prices as per departmental process) needed to complete approved design.
• Executes rendered presentations and 3 dimensional drawings.
• Will begin to thoughtfully plan and rework existing furnishings; coordinates electrical/data needs (with
sales, client, A&D firm).
• Successfully transitions projects at time of award or application finalization to Project Designer for final
selection of finishes, specifications, and installation drawings.
• Coordinates with Project Managers details of order delivery/installation/phasing/schedule attends
construction meetings if required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position):
• Art direction & design, Visual Communications, or on-the job equivalent
• Ability to articulate design thinking through real-time design and whiteboard sketching •
• BA/BS in Commercial Design, experience.
• Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
• Strong Problem-Solving skills
•Thought leadership skills; ability to contribute to strategic development of a solution; creative ideas
and the ability to promote conceptual thinking among the team
• Strong presentation skills
• Good time management and organization skills
• Customer service experience a plus
• Must be able to build strong relationships with internal and external customers
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, CAP, and/or Revit
• Space planning and architectural code knowledge (as it relates to furniture)
• Artistic ability, vision, and creativity (thinking outside the box regarding- strategy/positioning/budgeting/alternative manufacturers, willing to look at space plans from multiple angles, unique textile, color scheme, and finish combinations, look at ways to increase efficiency and productivity)
• Ability to field measure/verify preferred
• Preferred skill sets: Configura/CET Designer, Sketch Up, hand sketching InDesign, Photoshop
• Ability to multi-task on multiple projects, delegate, and work in a fast-paced environment
• Detail oriented, efficient, self-motivated, accountable, and organized
• Encouraged Certifications: NCIDQ, IIDA Associate, EDAC, LEED
You will be taken to a third party site