DeKalb Office is a creative, knowledgeable, and collaborative industry leader who is transforming workspace for a diverse client base. DeKalb Office serves some of the nation's top corporations, hospitals and medical centers, colleges, and universities, as well as private businesses large and small. We help clients who have challenges within their workplace, extend value of their existing space or preparing for a move. We work extraordinarily hard, invest in ourselves, and put faith in both proven methods and cutting-edge innovation.
We are looking for a Design Manager for our Alpharetta office. Subject matter expert supporting internal and external clients by overseeing the furniture planning, design & specifications for the Corporate, Healthcare and Education markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This role will support our Client Success Teams in the following ways:
• Oversees & assists with furniture planning, design & specifications for Corporate, Healthcare and Education design projects.
• Provides the team with advice, guidance, and mentorship.
• Reviews and manages productivity/project efficiency for corporate project designers.
• Creates and supports curriculum around developing the technical skillsets of our design associates. This includes specific components of the design training program.
• Maintain and updates the Design Training manual in partnership with other design subject matter experts, if applicable.
• Leads technical drawing requirements on Corporate, Healthcare and Education projects.
• Supports project designers with design application needs, as assigned.
• Coordinates vendors to set up design/specification sessions/trainings.
• Remains up to date on all product knowledge and presents to teams as applicable. This includes technical design requirements related to products to perform as specified.
• Works directly with the clients, team members, and a wide range of collaborators both internal and external.
• Assists in managing client expectations through collaborating with Client Success Team members, including Leaders, Client Relationship Managers and Development Managers, Project Designers and Project Managers.
• Promotes core company values and responsible for motivating, engaging, and leading the client experience focus.
• Collaborates with other leaders to enhance the culture for design excellence and continue to strive to elevate the quality of design.
• Responsible for hiring, training, performance management, coaching and development
• Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position):
• BA/BS in Commercial Design or interior Design
• 5+ years of experience designing in an office environment or related experience preferred
• Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills.
• Ability to handle a range of responsibilities potentially involving confidential information.
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong Problem-Solving skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Good time management and organization skills
• Must be able to build strong relationships with internal and external customers
You will be taken to a third party site