Sims Patrick Studio is seeking a Project Designer who will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager in the development and execution of a Client’s design solution, in a timely and professional manner. The Designer should exhibit initiative, ingenuity, creativity, and attention to detail. The Designer contributes original ideas and effectively carries through other’s ideas. Candidate must have a positive attitude and be proactive, diligent, personable, responsible, and a team-player.
In the context of a larger project, the Designer will:
- Assist the Project Manager with research of sources and materials, development of details and overall design solutions that meet requirements of the project identity.
- Assist the Project Manager with thorough design conceptualization and documentation that meets SPS standards, including neat and polished work product that consists of sketches, plans, renderings, drawings and design intent presentations.
- The Designer should be proficient with use of SketchUp, AutoCad, Revit, BIM 360, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Maintain thorough work notes and drawings that support the development of the project over time.
- Maintain work product and documents that are graphically organized and clear.
- Prepare design development presentation packages that convey project imagery, color palette, furniture, fabric, art and fixture samples that are consistent with overall intent.
- Prepare design intent boards and or presentation boxes for ownership and brand leadership to communicate design intent using creativity, attention to detail and neatness.
- Assist Project Manager with email and transmittal communications with vendors, contractors, sub-consultants and others regarding design issues, product details and technical data related to use.
- Maintain thorough notes and documents related to the revision of documents and CAD files. Also maintain thorough records of design changes indicated by brand and ownership representatives.
- Appropriate use of and management of project files on office and home computers and saving of such files on the server.
- Upon request, take primary responsibility for design development of a designated portion of a project, coordinating efforts with the Project Designer and other team members, and effectively communicating progress with project managers.
- Be proactive. Take the initiative to problem solve and present solutions to management to solve problems or gaps in process of design.
Outside the context of a Project Team, the Designer will:
- Assist with the enhancement of the Firm’s resources through product and source research
- Attend internal and external lecture and/or product presentation sessions to further design knowledge.
- Contribute to the efficient functioning of the Firm by helping to maintain the environment and tools available to the staff.
- Participate on various in-house committees related to continuing education, professional development and overall office organization and function.
- Professionally promote the firm as an employee, through the responsible use of social media networks and involvement in civic and community groups that serve our area.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or equivalent
• 1-2 years of hospitality interior design experience
• Experience with the entire project lifecycle
• Knowledge of building codes, standards, and building structures
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service and client relationship management skills
• Collaborative and team-player
• Ability to handle difficult situations with professionalism, tact, and problem solving
• Must have the ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships
• Skilled in using AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Adobe InDesign/Photoshop, Microsoft Office
• Candidate must consent to and satisfactorily pass a pre-hire background check
• Hospitality design experience highly preferred
Our culture is energetic, collaborative and fun. Work has flexibility but is demanding and sometimes has long hours! We are proud to offer benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send your resume, cover letter, and professional portfolio/work samples to Angela Zhou (firstname.lastname@example.org).