TECHNICAL PROJECT ARCHITECT
Sixthriver is seeking a Technical Project Architect to join our architecture studio. Candidates must have the required qualifications in order to apply for this position which should include experience with mixed-use and commercial office type projects. You will work closely with the Principal, Project Architects, Staff Designers and the consultant design team to take projects from the schematic design phase through construction. Your initiative, technical abilities, and collaborative attitude will be integral in the successful delivery of some of the firm’s most important projects.
- Bachelor’s, Professional, or Graduate degree in Architecture
- Candidate will primarily be responsible for project quality control by reviewing and making necessary adjustments on construction drawings sets prior to AOR overview
- A significant level of experience with complex Architectural and Interiors projects experience is required
- Candidate will motivate and mentor the project design and development team to ensure timely and effective completion of projects and maintain an up to date knowledge of project procedures and standards
- Candidate may be asked to lead projects from project design, documentation, code and specifications though construction administration on smaller projects
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Possess a great attitude and contribute to a positive and effective team environment
- Experience coordinating and documenting large commercial projects with complex scope, technical expertise and detailing
- The candidate should have the ability to identify design and constructability issues in construction documents, and provide guidance and solutions during the design and construction phases
- Possess excellent communication skills, both visual and verbal
- Registered Architect, experienced with project design, documentation, code and specifications review, quality control and assurance, and mentorship.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in production and managing relevant projects types; including shell office, multifamily, and interior architecture projects.
- Candidate must be able to show their experience coordinating and documenting commercial projects with a complex scope, technical expertise as well as experience in managing consultant teams and in-house staff.
- Experience with quality control review of drawings
- Software skills must include Revit
- Experience with building code requirements, zoning and material specification
Sixthriver offers a competitive benefits package, including health insurance. Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org