About the job
Why Southern Land?
Our full-service company is comprised of planning, architecture, design, construction, marketing, and resident experience professionals—all in-house and working together every day to envision and create uniquely beautiful places.
Southern Land Company, a national real estate development and construction firm is seeking a full-time Design Coordination Manager to join our dynamic team in Dallas, TX.
- Collaborate with in house design team by reviewing concept designs for code, constructability, accessibility, operations and maintenance.
- Assist SVP in the A&E contract process from RFP, scope development and review, fee analysis and comparison to contract execution.
- Collaborate and facilitate communication between Development, in -house Design teams (architectural, landscape and interiors), estimating, construction and external A&E team.
- Assist SVP in the development and maintenance of project schedules.
- Collaborate with estimating and provide input to in house teams and A&E team to maintain project budget.
- Assist with obtaining internal approvals of proposed changes, revisions and upgrades.
- Review, process and distribute approved changes internally and externally.
- Assist internal and external teams by answering questions and providing solutions
- Participate in project meetings and calls.
- Participate in preliminary meetings with AHJ, review Permit responses provided by A&E and participate in permit response meetings.
- Review Construction Documents and provide comments to A&E team.
- Collaborate with Construction team by continuing to assist A&E team with questions, approvals, etc.
- Review and assist with issue resolution as needed.
- Occasionally visit project job site to review progress of Construction and assist with issue resolution.
- Assist SVP in the development and maintenance of reports on several internal processes and systems on a monthly basis.
- Assist with special projects upon request, ensuring follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including advance knowledge of MS Excel
- Coordinate complex schedules
- Ability to keep sensitive information highly confidential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal professionally with clients, vendors, and co-workers on the phone and in person.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail, and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and ask for further clarification when necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight time constraints, as well as the ability to deal with frequent interruptions, unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field
- Minimum 10 years’ of relevant experience in managing Mixed / Use Multifamily projects
- Experience managing A&E teams
- Master’s degree in Architecture or related field
- License to practice Architecture
- Knowledge and previous experience with Microsoft Project
Southern Land Company believes that community is the heart of every successful development project. With that as our starting point, we create residential developments around the country that provide a generous, comfortable lifestyle to those that call them home. In support of our single family and multifamily projects, we also undertake key retail, office, and recreation developments to craft convenient, complete communities. We believe in big ideas and paying attention to every detail required to realize them.
- A strong brand recognized for quality, performance, and artistry
- Guiding principles of creativity and innovation
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and more!
Southern Land Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives. Southern Land Company offers a competitive benefits package, including 401k and paid time off. Southern Land Company is a Drug Free Workplace. For more information, please visit our website at www.southernland.com.
The above information is only an illustration of the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Company and employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.
Job Function: Commercial Construction
Primary Location: Dallas, TX
Employment Type: Full-time, Salary
Seniority Level: Associate
Industry: Real Estate