Full Job Description
Our team specializes in award-winning hospitality and multi-family amenity spaces with an emphasis on interiors. In order to thrive in this position, the person we’re looking for must have a huge love for the design process, a desire to pay forward their extensive knowledge as a mentor to more inexperienced designers, and a commitment to always keep growing.
Collaboration is a huge part of our process, and our teams are structured to support our team member’s desire to work together, not in silos or vacuums. At T&T we value servant’s hearts (what we do, we do for each other, our families, and our Clients), adaptability (if it’s broken we fix it!), the desire to achieve excellence (we do our best no matter what it is we’re working on), bravery (stepping out of our comfort zones so we can all keep growing), and maybe most of all, being a light to others (in our minds, the glass is AWLAYS half full)). Our families truly come first, which is one of the values most people who join the team appreciate the most. If you thrive in a progressive, ever changing (for the better) environment and are looking for a company in which you can really add value, please apply!
- A minimum of 7+ years experience preferred in Hospitality and/or Multi-Family design.
- Bachelor of Interior design from an accredited program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have a thorough understanding of how a drawing set goes together.
- DESIGN VISIONARY - Must be able to take initial client vision & translate it into a cohesive design that is both aspirational & attainable – can take their vision & adjust to the budget. Must be able to take vision & Sheppard it to fruition. Creative thinker – willing to put in the time, go the extra mile to make it GREAT. One of a kind ideas generator + trendsetter – up with the times.
- PUBLIC SPEAKER - self-aware, can roll with the punches/adapt quickly, reads audience, knows how to sell their vision, conversationalist, not hard salesman, engaging – knows how to excite the client, comfy with own style with presenting ability, authentic, comfy in their own skin, carefully persuasive, likable
· CAD + REVIT GURU – Comfortable with all daily commands in CAD + REVIT.
- CONSULTANT COORDINATOR - Intimate knowledge of industry standard project/construction process. Enjoys working with external sub-consultants and has the ability to anticipate needs. Great scheduler/planner with amazing follow-through and high commitment to QA/QC.
- ARTISTIC INTERIOR DETAILER -Has enough industry knowledge to know how things are built and how to apply that technical knowledge to fit the project's design vision, intent, & budget.
- CODE EXPERT - Knows how codes work and how to research and document codes for specific projects.
- FF&E SPECIALIST - intimate knowledge of vendors & sources, understanding of how to create a ff&e budget, ability to shepherd a custom spec from spec - to shop drawing - to production/install, knows what selections are appropriate & when, quality - how much is too much $$$ & vice versa when quality is being sacrificed too much, knowledge of install process, and a working knowledge of purchasing process.
- CA ENTHUSIAST - Understanding of industry standards and legal implications of contract documents. Knows how changes will affect the project at each phase (Clouded, Tagged) knows when to communicate these changes to the client so they can make quick decisions, and is comfortable with all types of submittals.
- CONFIDENT COMMUNICATOR / MAIN POINT OF CLIENT CONTACT – This new team member will need great people skills. We’re looking for someone who is outgoing, organized, pro-active, not afraid to speak up, intuitive, confident, articulate/excellent written and speaking skills, detail oriented, and self-aware (aka knows when to be quiet).
- VE AFICIANADO - knows costs in advance, thrives on staying in budget, researcher, product knowledge expert, knows how to make appropriate substitutions when needed, knows how to interpret client’s budgetary limitations & compare/contrast with the design intent
- PROJECT BUDGET GUARDIAN - scope creep avoider, project budget/ T&T budget awareness, time management as it relates to project profitability, efficiency, fiscal awareness
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Assist your team with managing the overall scope, budget, and schedule for the project.
- Assist your team with complete documentation of the design through all phases of the project.
- Lead client contact.
- Translate concepts and information into working drawings and details that conform to standard construction methods, project budgets, and T&T drawing standards.
- General understanding of building and accessibility codes and how to shepherd a project through the permitting process efficiently.
- Travel to project locations as needed for field verification, construction coordination, and contractor supervision.
- Manage and coordinate with consulting engineers, architects, designers, procurement team, etc. as required.
- Working knowledge of structural, architectural, civil, and MEP engineering to the extent necessary to coordinate and integrate these disciplines into the construction documents.
- Coordinate with General Contractor during construction phase including bid review, submittal review, RFI responses, & site visits as required.
- Redlining drawings, teaching, and training less experienced team members.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34,708.00 - $100,317.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Hospitality/Multifamily Design: 7 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote