We’re a bespoke, full-service residential design firm responsible for coordination and implementation of all phases of architecture and design, from concept through construction and furniture installation. We’re looking for a talented Designer to be a part of our collaborative and fun atmosphere.
• Management of projects during all design phases, from inception to completion of punch list.
• Introduces ideas in the design process based on direction from senior staff.
• Creates presentation materials for client meetings.
• Coordinates selection of fabrics and color schemes with direction from Senior Designer/Partner.
• Creates client proposals and finish schedules/specifications.
• Visits job sites as necessary and travels as required, with advance notice.
• Problem solves creatively and efficiently.
• Communicates with client, vendors, trades and sub/trades.
• Coordinates with Architecture team to update architectural/design related changes, review of plan
sets and updates to furniture plans.
• Coordinate, manage and participate in final installation of projects.
• Participate and volunteer in industry related organizations and non-for-profits.
• Reports to department heads and Studio Lead.
• Strong written and verbal communication, organization and presentation skills.
• Able to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
• Self-starter, with the ability to multi-task.
• Experience in project management.
• Ability to work collaboratively with vendors, contractors and other professions, including colleagues.
• Detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize and manage complex projects while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Original thinking, creativity and ability to develop innovative approaches.
• Ability to turn on a dime, remain poised, and manage client expectations.
• Flexibility, professionalism, humility, and a sense of humor.
• Degree in Interior Design.
• Minimum of three years interior design experience, working at a residential design firm.
• Bespoke residential interior design industry experience a plus.
• Studio Designer/Studio Webware experience a plus.
• Knowledge of showrooms, vendors and design trade process.
• Experience with AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, Microsoft Office and InDesign.
• Health, dental, long-term and short-term disability and life insurance benefits.
• Company paid transportation allowance for public transportation.
• 401(k) plan, including a 4% company match.
• Three weeks paid time off during your first year of employment, as well as all paid time off for all company recognized holidays. Additionally, our office closes each year between December 24th and January 1st and candidate will receive paid time off during this period.
This position will be based out of our designed award-winning offices at 919 N. Michigan Avenue.
Company website at www.tomstringer.com
You will be taken to a third party site