EHDD is an award-winning firm that provides architecture, interiors, planning and urban designservices for educational, residential, institutional, commercial and civic clients. We are lookingf or a full-time Interior Designer to join the firm and dive into a variety of projects.
The ideal candidate is self-driven, resourceful and detail oriented to ensure the highest level ofquality and service. Organizational skills, flexibility and critical thinking are necessary traits. Anexperienced designer and compelling storyteller with a clear design point of view will thrive inthis position.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Assists in the development of design concepts and supporting graphics for clientpresentations.
• Appropriate knowledge of color and materials with the ability to select and researchmaterials based on conceptual design approach, code requirements, environmentalimpact, cost, and durability.
• Current knowledge of furnishings and upholstery with the ability to select, budget,specify, and document.
• Oversees and manages the work of junior design staff, locally and remotely.
• Ability to coordinate and communicate technical design requirements with project team,contractor, and consultants.
• Participates in all phases and efforts of a project including programming, schematicdesign, design development, construction documents, and construction administration.
• Graduate of an accredited Interior Design or Architectural school with a minimum of 5-7years of diverse experience with an increasing level of responsibility in Interior Design.
• General knowledge of interior design practices with emphasis on programming anddesign/planning. Ability to coordinate with building systems.
• General knowledge of building materials, product specification, installation andconstruction methods as they relate to areas of specialty.
• Fluency in Revit, AutoCAD and 3D modeling software, Adobe Creative Suite.• Experience in Corporate Workplace, Science and Technology, or Higher Education ispreferred.• NCIDQ certified or on track for certification.
• Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED AP and WELL AP accreditationhighly recommended.
• Experience in all phases of project workflows from preliminary design throughconstruction documentation and administration.
• Excellent organization, documentation and communication skills
• Ability to anticipate, identify and resolve problems in a timely and positive manner• Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
• Ability to work independently, and to manage multiple tasks and projects under constantdeadlines
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and workflows, and meet deadlines.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as dealing with clients and across a national internal network.
• Collaborative teamwork-oriented designerThis is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits.
Please send your resume alongwith a letter of interest explaining why you want to work at EHDD and how you’d make a great fitfor this position to HR@ehdd.com.
You will be taken to a third party site