Sims Patrick Studio is seeking a Project Manager who will be responsible for managing larger scale hospitality design projects independently and facilitating the day to day effectiveness of the project team to meet overall deadlines, project goals, and objectives for design and budget. Candidate must have a positive attitude and be proactive, diligent, personable, responsible, and a team-player. Interior design experience is required.
The Project Manager responsibilities that relate to the successful execution of a Client’s project:
• Managing all Client relations and correspondence on a daily basis with very little supervision from senior management.
• Meeting the Client’s criteria for aesthetics, function, budget and schedule.
• Knowledge of, and adherence to the terms of the Contract executed between the firm and the client and any sub-consultants.
• Meeting SPS’ goals for project profitability, risk management, and enhancement of the Firm’s design reputation.
Further, the Project Manager is expected to:
• Develop the knowledge and skills of the staff.
• Operate autonomously, with minimal supervision and oversight.
• Serve as an effective, timely decision maker
• Serve as effective leader to reinforce the firm’s mission and vision
• Possesses a technical expertise that enables project to run smoothly through all phases
• Advance the processes and tools used by the firm,
• Show initiative and be proactive when problem solving and presenting solutions to senior management
Project Management responsibilities include:
• Day-to-day management of the project team, work flow, documents and deliverables
• Day-to-day contact with SPS management, client, vendors, contractors, other sources and consultants.
• Conduct and facilitate meetings independently on behalf of SPS clients and consultants.
• Preparation and review of documents and deliverables in keeping with SPS’ Quality Standards, and industry standards and codes and with attention to risk management.
• Preparation of project work schedules and work flow for multiple areas of the scope of work and revision as necessary to meet the project schedule changes.
• Coordination of communication, processes, and documentation, including preparation of meeting minutes, memos, email documentation and transmittals.
• Preparation of proposal documents and letters of agreement that meet SPS standards for contracts and letters of agreement for additional services.
• Management and tracking of the Client’s project budget and financial accounting
• Management and tracking of SPS’ Fee and staffing budgets; and invoicing
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or equivalent
• 5-10 years of interior design project management experience
• Experience leading and managing multiple project teams
• Experience negotiating project scope and fees
• Experience with the entire project lifecycle
• Proven fiscal accountability and responsibility on interior projects
• Knowledge of building codes, standards, and building structures
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service and client relationship management skills
• Collaborative and team-player
• Ability to handle difficult situations with professionalism, tact, and problem solving
• Must have the ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships
• Skilled in using AutoCAD, Revit, BIM 360, SketchUp, Adobe InDesign/Photoshop, Microsoft Office
• Candidate must consent to and satisfactorily pass a pre-hire background check
• Hospitality design experience highly preferred
Our culture is energetic, collaborative and fun. Work has flexibility but is demanding and sometimes has long hours! We are proud to offer health insurance, 401K match, and growth opportunities.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume, cover letter, and professional portfolio/work samples.
You will be taken to a third party site