Sims Patrick Studio is seeking an Interior Architect who will be responsible for the overall planning, development, and execution of complete technical documentation sets for our hospitality interior design projects. The Interior Architect will also manage staff and facilitate the day-to-day efficiencies of the project team to meet overall deadlines, project goals, and objectives for design and budget. Candidate must have a positive attitude and be proactive, diligent, personable, responsible, and a team-player.
The Interior Architect responsibilities that relate to the successful execution of a Client’s project are:
- Coordinate the execution of project documentation, construction plans and details, while conducting ongoing internal reviews for quality control.
- Manage all Client relations and correspondence on a daily basis and independently.
- Meet or exceed the Client’s criteria for aesthetics, function, budget and schedule.
- Maintain knowledge of and adhere to the terms of agreement executed between the firm and the client and any sub-consultants.
Further, the Interior Architect is expected to:
- Collaborate with design team and project managers to coordinate production of design development and construction documents.
- Possess advanced understanding of planning, programming, and design principles and methods, thus enabling projects to run smoothly through all phases of design and construction
- Understand and respond to the technical implications of design decisions.
- Develop the knowledge and skills of the staff and serve as a mentor to the junior designers.
- Maintain knowledge of current building technology and systems.
- Operate autonomously, with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Serve as an effective, timely decision maker.
- Serve as an effective leader to reinforce the firm’s mission and vision
- Demonstrate initiative and be proactive when problem solving and presenting solutions to senior management
Project Management responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day management of the project team, work flow, documents and deliverables.
- Day-to-day contact with SPS management, client, vendors, contractors, other sources and consultants.
- Conduct and facilitate meetings independently on behalf of SPS clients and consultants.
- Prepare and review of documents and deliverables in keeping with SPS’ Quality Standards, and industry standards and codes and with attention to risk management.
- Prepare project work schedules and work flow for multiple areas of the scope of work and revise as necessary to meet the project schedule changes.
- Coordinate communication, processes, and documentation, including preparation of meeting minutes, memos, email documentation and transmittals.
- Manage and track the Client’s project budget and financial accounting
- Manage and track SPS’ fee, staffing budgets, and invoicing
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design from a CIDA-accredited Interior Design program
- 5-10 years of interior architecture experience (Hospitality interior design experience highly preferred)
- Advanced skills in AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, BIM 360, Adobe InDesign/Photoshop, Microsoft Office
- Licensure in the State of Georgia
- Experience leading and managing multiple project teams
- Experience with the entire design and construction project lifecycle
- Proven fiscal accountability and responsibility on interior projects
- Knowledge of current building codes, standards, and systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service and client relationship management skills
- Collaborative spirit and team-player
- Ability to handle difficult situations with professionalism, tact, and problem solving
- Candidate must consent to and satisfactorily pass a pre-hire background check
Our culture is energetic, collaborative and fun. Work has flexibility but is demanding and sometimes has long hours! We are proud to offer health insurance, supplementary insurance, 401K match, and growth opportunities.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume, cover letter, and professional portfolio/work samples.